SharePoint, the leading business collaboration platform, has already made its mark. With the launch of SharePoint, work environments, communication and the sharing of information has been transformed. Ascent Software's extensive experience in SharePoint development has allowed organizations to achieve their collaboration goals.
Microsoft's SharePoint development has organically grown over the years and today is one of Ascent Software's main strengths. Our experienced and highly qualified developers and consultants have proved to our customers that we deliver the quality required to ensure that the return on the investment made on SharePoint is seen as quickly and effectively as possible. In fact, it is our quality that builds relationships.
Understanding SharePoint's intrinsic elements are crucial for the successful deployment and maintenance. However, we understand that vertical knowledge is a crucial element as it ensures that client and supplier are speaking the same language. At Ascent Software, our resources are exposed to a multitude of industries and can better understand your requirements.
Some of our Technical Capabilities
- Branding of SharePoint sites (master pages, CSS classes)
- Development of custom web parts
- Development of custom workflows
- Development of event handlers
- Integration with Enterprise Search and People Search.
- Integration with LOB applications through the Business Data Catalog (BDC) in MOSS 2007 or Business Connectivity Services (BCS) in MOSS 2010 including Microsoft Dynamics CRM and SAP
- Development of web parts displaying key performance indicators and data retrieved through BDC
- Implementation of InfoPath forms and integrating them into SharePoint solution
- Integration of reports developed using SQL Server reporting services into SharePoint applications
- Development of custom authentication and authorization providers (extending the authentication/authorization functionality provided by ASP.NET / SharePoint.
- Development of portals built on SharePoint using Out-of-the-box features as well as custom web parts
Intranet for Investment Company
With the intention of increasing the amount of information available to employees, the system presents a range of data in the form of dashboards for review and analysis. With integrated advanced visualization and Ajax capabilities, the page offered a comprehensive, easy to use and effective information hub that incorporated the organization's branding elements. Newsletters, investment fund news and articles as well as stats where all integrated into the site and automated where possible.
Internal Portal for Software Development house
A software house that specialized in software testing required an internal portal to manage their staff and resources. In order to simplify their day to day operations, as well as provide reporting mechanisms, the tool was used to manage HR aspects, document management, Wiki information, as well as helpdesk functionality. The result was a unified solution that catered for their requirements.